Healthy Recipe of the Week
An Easy On-The-Go Breakfast
Apple Masala Chai Muesli
- 3 cups Rolled Oats
- 1/2 cup Dried Apples (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons Raw Sunflower Seeds
- 2 tablespoons Dried Date Pieces
- 6 teaspoons Candied Ginger (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons Raisons
- 1 tablespoon Loose Masala Chai (finely ground) (contents of 2 tea bags)
- 1/2 cup of Milk (of choice) (may be substituted for yogurt)
Stir the oats, apples, sunflower seeds, dates, ginger, raisons, and finely chopped loose tea until all the ingredients are combined. Store the muesli in a large glass jar.
To serve, measure 1/2 cup of muesli into a bowl and pour 1/2 cup of milk over it to soak overnight in the refrigerator. Makes 6 servings.
Williams, A. & Zijderveld, A. (2015). Recipe for Health: Apple Masala Chai Muesli. IDEA Fitness Journal, vol12, i5. doi: http://www.ideafit.com/fitness-library/recipe-for-health-apple-masala-chai-muesli?utm_source=publications+june+2018+fit+tips&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Fit+Tips+June+2018+%281%29+remainder