Healthy Recipe of the Week
A Paleo and Whole 30-approved Soup:
Easy, Flexible, and Perfect for Beginners!
Butternut Squash Apple Soup
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Onion (diced)
- 6 cups Butternut Squash (peeled, seeded, and diced into 1-inch cubes)
- 1 cup Apple (peeled, cored, and sliced)
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Celtic Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 4 cups Chicken Stock or Water
In a large pot heat olive oil. Caramelize onion, sautéing 10 – 15 minutes until golden brown. Add butternut squash, apple, cinnamon, salt, and black pepper and cook for 10 minutes. Pour chicken stock or water into the pot and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes. In a high-powered blender, puree soup in very small batches for safety. Serve.
* Other types of squash to try, include: pumpkin, acorn, and kabocha.
*Different spices to try, include: ginger and nutmeg.
Amsterdam, E. (2011). Butternut Squash Apple Soup. Elana’s Pantry. doi: https://elanaspantry.com/butternut-squash-apple-soup/ Accessed on January 10, 2018.