Healthy Recipe of the Week
Soba Noodle Chicken and Vegetable Salad
A Vibrant Fusion of Asian Flavors and Fresh Herbs!
- ¼ cup Rice Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Lime Juice
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- 1 tablespoon Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 teaspoon Hot Sauce of choice
- ½ teaspoon Ginger (minced or grated)
- 1/3 cup Canola Oil
- 10 ounces of Soba Noodles (cooked and chilled, according to package directions)
- 1 Large Cucumber (seeded and cut into matchsticks, about 2 cups)
- 2 Large Carrots (peeled and cut into matchsticks, about 2 cups)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (cut into thin strips, about 1 cup)
- 1 Small Bunch Radishes (cut into matchsticks, about 1 cup)
- 1 cup Cabbage (finely shredded)
- ½ cup Cilantro Leaves
- 3 Scallions, green part only (sliced thin)
- ¼ cup Mint Leaves
- Chicken (amount and preparation as desired) (may be substituted for tofu)
- Salt and Pepper for seasoning
Dressing: Combine rice vinegar, lime juice, honey, sesame oil, hot sauce, and ginger. Whisk until smooth. Add canola oil in a slow and steady stream, whisking as you pour to create an emulsion. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, toss noodles with dressing. Add cucumber, carrots, red bell pepper, radishes, cabbage, cilantro, and mint. Season with salt and pepper. Add chicken or tofu. Toss to combine, top with the scallions, and serve. Enjoy!
220 Calories. 15g Total Fat. 1g Saturated Fat. 0g Trans Fat. 0mg Cholesterol. 95mg Sodium. 3g Carbohydrates. 3g Fiber. 6g Sugar. 4g Protein.
People Weekly Magazine. July 2017 Issue.