Healthy Recipe of the Week
In light of my birthday today, I decided to bake a cake!
A Flourless Cake with a Touch of Sweet and Warm Aroma
Cinnamon Apple Cake
- 1 Apple (peeled, cored, and chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Orange Juice (fresh squeezed)
- 1 cup Creamy Roasted Almond Butter
- ¼ cup Honey or Agave Nectar
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoons Ground Cinnamon
- ½ tablespoon Celtic Sea Salt
In a food processor or high-powered blender pulse apple, orange juice, and almond butter until well-blended. Pulse in honey, eggs. Vanilla, cinnamon, and salt. Pour batter into a greases 8” by 8” baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 32 to 36 minutes. Cool and serve with whipped cream frosting (optional).
Amsterdam, E. (2017). Paleo Cinnamon Apple Cake Recipe. Elana’s Pantry. doi: https://elanaspantry.com/cinnamon-apple-cake/ Accessed on October 14, 2017.