Healthy Recipe of the Week
Paleo BBQ Sauce
A Whole30 Compliant BBQ Sauce for Your Festive and Fun 4th of July BBQ!
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 Garlic Cloves (crushed)
- ¼ cup Shallots (minced)
- 1 7-ounce bottle Tomato Paste
- 1 cup Orange Juice (fresh squeezed)
- 2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Dry Mustard Powder
- ½ teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
Warm the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and shallot. Cook until soft. Add tomato paste, orange juice, apple cider vinegar, dry mustard powder, paprika, sea salt, and black pepper. Simmer 15 to 20 minutes; stirring often. Baste of chicken (or meat of choice). Marinate in refrigerator for 1 to 3 hours. Grill and serve!
Amsterdam, E. (2008). Paleo BBQ Sauce. Elana’s Pantry. doi: https://elanaspantry.com/bbq-sauce/ Accessed on June 27, 2017.