As we embrace the last weekend of Summer 2013, here is a healthy and refreshing treat to beat the final hot days!
Strawberry Protein Popsicles
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Coconut Milk or Almond Milk
- 1/4 cup Plain, Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
- 1 scoop of Strawberry-flavored Protein Powder
- 1 packet of Truvia or Stevia (or another natural sweetener of your choice)
- Optional: Pinch of Shredded Coconut and/or Very Finely Chopped Strawberries
- Thoroughly mix all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl or use a blender/Magic Bullet
- Pour contents into popsicle holders
- Place in freezer for at least 1 – 2 hrs. or until each popsicle is frozen solid
- To remove popsicle from holder with ease, run under warm water for 30 sec. – 1 min.
Have Fun and Be Safe This Weekend!
Be Active! Be Healthy! Be YOU!
Erin Shea, Certified Personal Trainer and Cycle Instructor, Body Kinetics Health Club, San Rafael, CA