No More Excuses!
Where there is a will, there is a way – Exercise today!
Money: Cannot Afford a Personal Trainer and/or Gym Membership
- What do you value in your life? Your health or a night of fancy dining and drinking?
- Make an investment that will make you feel good the next morning instead of spending your money on empty calories, resulting in nausea and headaches the following morning.
Location: Do Not Live or Work Close to a Gym
- You do not need a gym to exercise!
- The beach, a park, large grassy field, hiking trail, or even just a home are all effective alternatives.
- Try running/walking in the sand: your calves will be burning the next day!
- Use playground equipment as your exercise modality.
- Round up your friends for a game of flag football or plyometric drills on a grassy field.
- At-home exercises include: TRX, P90X, Wii Fit, or if cost in an issue, place a rolled up beach towel under your low back for some killer abdominal crunches.
Time: Work 40+ Hours/Week and Care for a Family
- Time is not an excuse!
- No time to commit to 30 minutes of exercise each day?
Divide 30 minutes into 10 minute increments: 10 minutes before work, 10 minutes at lunch, and 10 minutes after work.
- Ride your bike or walk to and from work each day.
- Choose the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Try these office exercises during your breaks:
Lack of Motivation
- Hire a Personal Trainer: get motivated, receive a fitness assessment, and learn new exercises to reach your fitness goals. Contact me or visit Crunch Fitness if you are interested!
- Find a workout buddy: preferably, a person with similar goals and/or fitness level.
- Take a group exercise class: Spinning, Kickboxing, Zumba, Pilates, Yoga, or Bootcamp, there is a class type for everyone! Commit to a class each week and the group camaraderie will keep you coming back to the gym week after week.
- Get 7 – 8 hours of sleep each night.
- Eat a balanced diet, limiting your intake of processed foods. Refer to this food chart for more information about daily fruit and vegetable consumption: http://www.precisionnutrition.com/color-chart.
- Try a pre-workout supplement: dotFIT’s Workout Extreme or NO7 Rage are both effective choices. Visit www.dotfit.com for more information about these products. Interested? Contact me, and I’ll hook you up!
- Still tired? Visit your doctor. You might have hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid gland) or another health condition causing fatigue.