Healthy Recipe of the Week
A Refreshing Summer Salad
Watermelon Salad with Feta and Honeyed Pistachios
- 1 small Red Onion (sliced)
- 3 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Pistachios (roughly chopped)
- 2 tablespoon Honey
- 2 large bunches of Arugula with thick stems discarded (approximately 8 cups)
- 6 Radishes (very thinly sliced)
- 1/2 small Watermelon (approximately 1 1/2 pounds) cut into pieces
- 1 ripe Avocado (sliced)
- 4 ounces Feta (broken into pieces)
- Black Pepper and Salt to taste
In a small bowl, toss red onion with red wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Let sit, tossing occasionally.
Line a small baking sheet with nonstick foil. Heat a small skillet on medium and toss pistachios until lightly toasted (about 2 to 3 minutes). Add honey and a pinch of salt and let bubble for 1 minute. Remove from heat and immediately transfer to prepared baking sheet to cool.
Toss arugula with radishes, remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Transfer to a platter or large serving bowl. Top with watermelon, avocado, feta cheese, red onion mixture, and pistachios. Enjoy!
Serves 4. Per serving: 410 calories – 31 grams total fat – 7.5 grams saturated fat – 10 grams protein – 365 milligrams sodium – 29 grams carbohydrates – 6 grams fiber
People Weekly Magazine, July/August 2018 issue