It’s Monday morning… you wake up and realize your alarm clock failed… you’re late! As you quickly scramble, donning your clothes and preparing for the day, you wonder… “What can I eat for breakfast that is quick, easy, and healthy?”
Solution! Here is healthy muffin rich in vital nutrients and the recipe is quick and easy with many variations to cater to your own tastes!
Flaxseed Meal Muffin
- Approx. 1/8 – 1/4 cup Ground Flaxseed Meal
- 1 scoop L-Glutamine
- 1 tablespoon Hemp Seeds
- 1 tablespoon Chia Seeds
- 1 tablespoon Rolled Oats
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Small Handful of Dried Cranberries
- 1/4 – 1/2 Banana (mashed)
- 1 – 2 tablespoon Coconut Oil (melted)
- 1 Egg (may be substituted for egg whites)
First, mix dry ingredients (flaxseed meal, l-glutamine, hemp seeds, chia seeds, rolled oats, cinnamon, and dried cranberries) in a medium-size mug.
Next, add wet ingredients (mashed banana, egg, and melted coconut oil).
Vigorously mix all ingredients with a spoon, scraping sides and bottom of mug.
Place mug inside microwave, covering with paper towel and heat on high for 50 seconds to 1 minute (2 minutes for 2 muffins).
Allow 30 seconds for muffin to cool. Turn mug upside down and shake above plate until muffin pops out.
* Critical ingredients are flaxseed meal, egg and/or egg whites, and coconut oil. The other ingredients can be omitted or altered, based on your own food preferences. You may also add ingredients not listed – be creative! Fiber One cereal, shredded coconut flakes, chopped dates, and walnut pieces are all suitable and healthy additions as well.
Be creative! Be healthy!
Please share any new creations you discover!